• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

War, what is it good for?

Supafly

Retired
Bronze Member
A full occupation would midterm to longterm lead to an even more hateful, hardened new generation of Palestinians,

I, to clarify, do not think tat you share the mindset of Hamas, just that a ceasefire is a positive thing for them. And this, in the end, can be similarily bad for the civilians living under its own regime.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
200w.webp

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/palestinian-militants-kill-2-alleged-152151902.html

Who knows if this can be trusted, but this is one of the reasons why shit will always be flying, in that part of the world. If it's true, I'm sure it's more than enough motivation to put a stop to any further efforts at collaboration, or attempts to remove the radical presence from their society, and make them a valuable asset to the worlds community.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
A full occupation would midterm to longterm lead to an even more hateful, hardened new generation of Palestinians,
A full occupation is the only alternative at this point, since the territory has no functioning government. Then again, there may not be anything there to govern by the time the offensive is over.

I, to clarify, do not think tat you share the mindset of Hamas, just that a ceasefire is a positive thing for them. And this, in the end, can be similarily bad for the civilians living under its own regime.
How is it positive? Israel is just planning the next phase and paying more attention to the West Bank:
https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...aeli-forces-west-bank-palestinian-2023-11-25/

tvstrip

Israel and Hamas agree to extend truce for two more days, and free more hostages and prisoners
https://news.yahoo.com/israel-hamas-look-extend-cease-075836893.html
Israel has said it would extend the cease-fire by one day for every 10 additional hostages released. After the Qatari announcement, Hamas confirmed it had agreed to a two-day extension “under the same terms.”

2 more days of peace, and probably at least a little more. Question is what happens when they run out of bargaining chips/hostages

Hamas and other militants could still be holding up to 175 hostages, enough to potentially extend the cease-fire for two and a half weeks. But those include a number of soldiers, and the militants are likely to make much greater demands for their release.

Mr. Daystar

While I hope this extra time helps things, there are still outside forces throwing guided missiles, and drones at US warships, and Israeli forces, most out of yeman. In fact they launched one at a US warship in one of the gulfs, rescuing a Liberian ship.

Mr. Daystar

Last edited:

tvstrip

The UN passes a ceasefire resolution, and now Biden is finally standing up to bibi. A little.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-losing-support-biden-says-185717915.html

Biden told Israel’s leaders on Tuesday that they were losing international support for their war in the Gaza Strip, exposing a widening rift with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who rejected out of hand the American vision for a postwar resolution to the conflict.
The president said that Israel had support from Europe and much of the world as well as the United States, but he added that “they’re starting to lose that support by the indiscriminate bombing that takes place.”

tvstrip

Israeli troops mistakenly killed 3 hostages in Gaza, IDF says
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-hostages-in-gaza-killed-by-friendly-fire-israeli-military-says/

Three hostages being held by Hamas in Gaza were mistakenly killed by friendly fire, the Israeli military said in a statement Friday.

During combat operations in Shejaiya, a dense neighborhood in the Gaza City area where fighting has been taking place, the Israeli military said troops "mistakenly identified three Israeli hostages as a threat." Troops fired at the three and they were killed, the Israel Defense Forces said.

Ooops.

tvstrip

More on the IDF killing of hostages:

3 Israeli hostages killed by IDF identified, were waving 'white cloth'
https://abcnews.go.com/International/live-updates/israel-gaza-hamas-health-catastrophe/?id=105538785

The three hostages came out of a building -- a few meters from the troops -- without shirts, carrying a stick with white cloth, the IDF said. A soldier saw them as a threat and opened fire, killing two hostages instantly, according to an IDF spokesperson.

The third hostage was injured and ran back into the building where all three emerged from and someone cried "help" in Hebrew. At this point, the battalion commander ordered his troops to stop firing. But, despite the order, another burst was fired, killing the third hostage, according to an IDF spokesperson.

The three hostages "did everything possible so that we would understand -- they moved around shirtless so that we wouldn't suspect them of carrying explosives and they held a white cloth, but the tension overcame all of the above," Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi said in a video statement Saturday.

He noted that the shooting of someone who raises a white flag and seeks to surrender "is forbidden."

In other words, the IDF are now shooting people who are surrendering. Literally everyone is a target. Imagine how many Palestinian civilians also tried to surrender were similarly gunned down.

tvstrip

Let's lighten the mood. I think he does a good job of walking the fine line of what is respectful of the topic.

Mr. Daystar