• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Concerts You've Seen

1976 San Diego Colosseum
Golden Earring opened the show
ZZ Top, followed by
Lynard Skynard

Johan

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Of the bands I've heard of from your list, which is most of them, these stand out a bit! Unless there is another band called Texas in the world than the Sharleen Spiteri-fronted Scot-poppers??
Yep, it is Sharleen Scott-Popppers. I got into Metal aroung 2000, before that, I was into Rock/Pop-Rock and Texas was amog my favorite bands, with Garbage, No Doubt, K's Choice and The Cranberries
All of those above are all the bands in your list that I really want to see. You have a great taste in music.
Thanks. You too seem to have good taste...

Mr_Stiffy

Bollocks, I forgot Lacuna Coil. Who I watched in a constant state of semi-arousal being that close to Christina.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Here's a few of the more outstanding shows I've been to.

AC/DC
Metallica
Godsmack
Anthrax
Megadeth
Queensryche
Slayer
Guns N' Roses
Iron Maiden
Def Leppard
Motorhead
Warlock
KISS
Helloween
Sepultura
Dio
Pantera
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Candlebox
Alice in Chains
Van Halen
Ozzy Osbourne
Mötley Crüe

JasonCook78

Baconsalt > WTC7
Here's a few of the more outstanding shows I've been to.

AC/DC
Metallica
Godsmack
Anthrax
Megadeth
Queensryche
Slayer
Guns N' Roses
Iron Maiden
Def Leppard
Motorhead
Warlock
Kiss
Helloween
Sepultura
Dio
Pantera
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Candlebox
Alice in Chains
Van Halen
Ozzy Osbourne
Mötley Crüe

Not including Kiss your list is amazing.

Mandy Flores

A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.
Official Checked Star Member
Ok Concerts I've seen in order of totally awestruckness (nice word huh?)

1. Prince (I had no idea, thought he was a totally weird guy, but holy shit really?! Could not believe it)
2. Alice in Chains
3. Disturbed
4. Def leppard
5. Journey/Foreigner

all the rest tied :)

gunslingingbird

1. Prince (I had no idea, thought he was a totally weird guy, but holy shit really?! Could not believe it)

Actually, YOU might not believe how weird he is when he's NOT on the stage.

-All the backstage lights have to be purple.
-Sound check is completely off limits to anyone not in the band or on the touring stage crew (sorry merch guys, you're not cool enough to watch The Purple One soundchecking, even if you have all access credentials).
-Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY is allowed to approach or talk to him, lest he feel intimidated and cancel the show (the only other shit stain with that level of paranoia that I can remember having worked for is that Maynard guy from Tool).
-And the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, if you will, he has a modified wardrobe case with a chair, mirror, and light which is used to push him from the dressing room to the stage, and from the stage to the dressing room.

That's just from the local crew's perspective. I'm sure his road crew has to deal with ten times more fickle bullshit.

zeeblofowl_1969

I don't know and frankly I don't care.
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Ronnie James Dio
Metallica
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Aerosmith
Twisted Sister
Damn Yankees
Bad Company
Ywnwie Malmsteen
The Divinals
Down
Pink Floyd
Van Halen (Dave)
The Eagles
Fleetwood mac
Simon & Garfunkel
Paul Simon
Elton John
Billy Joel
Guns & Roses
Queensryche
Poison
Journey
Cheap Trick
Kiss
Great White
Whitesnake
Def Leppard
Styx
Heart
Motley Crue
Ozzy Ozbourne
Quarterflash
ZZTop

ThatRedWing

MasterBlaster
Hank Williams, Jr. several times
Waylon Jennings
Stevie Ray Vaghan
Black Sabbath (Ozzy)
Godsmack
Bob Seger
Allman Brothers
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Tori Amos
Buddy Guy
Ted Nugent (Damn Yankees)
Motorhead

I've been to quite a few more but I can't think of all of them right now.

mokbel69

Say hello to my little friend!
This year I've seen
Soundgarden (also first real concert I went to, 3 months before they broke up)
Mastodon
System Of A Down
Xavier Rudd (twice)
The Butterfly Effect
Karnivool
The Tea Party (twice)
I didn't think I'd ever get to see Soundgarden, SOAD and The Tea Party play live again as little as 2 years ago, so to see them all this year has been quite cool :D
Then in previous years
Iron Maiden
Tool
Audioslave
Pearl Jam
John Butler Trio
Nevermore (fucking loudest gig I've been to, I soon realised why some others were wearing earplugs!)
Queensryche
Chris Cornell
Foo Fighters
Queens Of The Stone Age
Faith No More
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
Damn I'm jealous Hendrix, Santana, and the Allman Brothers in all their prime years holy shit!

Yep. It was a great experience. Especially Hendrix, of course.
I wasn't old enough to drive until '72, but I had an indulgent older brother who took me to a bunch of concerts before then. When I was in Junior High School he snuck me into the Whisky A Go Go to see The Doors, and Buffalo Springfield. He had a good friend who was an assistant manager there. Seems almost like yesterday :)

Mandy Flores

A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.
Official Checked Star Member
I get that you don't really like him, but most of what you are complaining about is pretty petty. I got into his music after I saw him live and started to realize he just doesn't think like other people....he's weird, I get it, but he's not some abusive over the top person...just weird :)

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Actually, YOU might not believe how weird he is when he's NOT on the stage.

-All the backstage lights have to be purple.
-Sound check is completely off limits to anyone not in the band or on the touring stage crew (sorry merch guys, you're not cool enough to watch The Purple One soundchecking, even if you have all access credentials).
-Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY is allowed to approach or talk to him, lest he feel intimidated and cancel the show (the only other shit stain with that level of paranoia that I can remember having worked for is that Maynard guy from Tool).
-And the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, if you will, he has a modified wardrobe case with a chair, mirror, and light which is used to push him from the dressing room to the stage, and from the stage to the dressing room.

That's just from the local crew's perspective. I'm sure his road crew has to deal with ten times more fickle bullshit.

Not only do I believe it, I figured it would be worse. Personally, I wouldn't use one of his cd's for a coaster, or an album for a Frisbee. In fact, neither are good enough for clay pigeons. I don't get it at all. His music is nothing special, and as a guitar player, he's not even remotely close to being worthy enough to be on a top 100 list.

As far as Maynard goes, I love his work...especially Tool and Pucifer, but I would have a hard time believing he WASN'T about as big of a petulant, weird fucker you can get.