• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mlb.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Getting interesting .... Astros pick up 2 wins in Washington, D.C., 4-1 in Game 3; 8-1 in Game 4. World Series now tied up.

Gerrit Cole vs. Max Scherzer tomorrow in Game 5. A rematch of Game 1.

Astos-Nats.starters_game5.JPG

Monder

Get your orgasms donor card and save a fuck!
Oh look,Astros woke up!
Now up 3-2.No way Nationals are winning the next two in Houston.It’s over and out!

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Oh look,Astros woke up!
Now up 3-2.No way Nationals are winning the next two in Houston.It’s over and out!

Sorry but they just did, 7-2 in game six. 6-2 in game 7.

The Washington Nationals are the 2019 World Champions.

Fans in Washington, D.C. and Montreal (who followed the team as the Expos) are now rejoicing.

First World Series in a long time, where the visiting teams won all the games. It was just the opposite of 2001 Yankees-Diamondbacks series, where the home teams won all the games.

legmann61

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, Freeones lasts forever
Carlos Beltran named Mets manager

One of my all-time favorite Mets.
No managerial experience but this could actually work (see Aaron Boone)....but only if Fred and his son Fredo keep their noses out of the dugout.
We'll see.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
My sentiments exactly. But remember we're dealing with the bumblin' stumplin' Mets ...

Carlos Beltran named Mets manager

One of my all-time favorite Mets.
No managerial experience but this could actually work (see Aaron Boone)....but only if Fred and his son Fredo keep their noses out of the dugout.
We'll see.

Fred Wlipon isn't the issue. It's his son, Jeff Wilpon. He's another Jeffrey Loria (ex-owner of the Expos and Marlins) -- Jeff Wilpon is another owner who doesn't know a thing about baseball.

I wish Carlos Beltran all the best. But you've got to remember what team he's working for.

If they fire him, please don't give him the same treatment as they did to Willie Randolph in June 2008. Firing him on the West Coast after a win against the Los Angeles Angels at 3:15 AM EST (12:15 PST). (So no New York papers could carry the story in the next day's paper) Who does that? Oh, that's right!! ... the schizophrenic Mets.

legmann61

My sentiments exactly. But remember we're dealing with the bumblin' stumplin' Mets ...

Fred Wlipon isn't the issue. It's his son, Jeff Wilpon. He's another Jeffrey Loria (ex-owner of the Expos and Marlins) -- Jeff Wilpon is another owner who doesn't know a thing about baseball.

Loria was truly awful but not stupid. As MLB's biggest swindler, he knew exactly what he was doing - including ripping off the taxpayers of Miami for a new park.

Jeff Wilpon on the other hand is just flat-out baseball stupid, that's why I referred to him as "Fredo":

legmann61

:goodpost:

GREAT clip from Pacino!

(and who cares if we go a tiny bit off-topic, lol)

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
How do you like those Houston Astros? Alex Cora may be given a lifetime ban by MLB. That's what everyone is thinking. He was the one who initiated of the placing of the cameras in center field at Minute Maid Park. Former Astros GM Jeff Luchnow pretty much blamed him (as the bench coach) and Astros players along with lower level Astros employees for the sign-stealing scandal, in his "I'm not a cheater facebook post ... "

Well Alex Cora and the Red Sox "have parted ways" or in other words, he was fired because he was the bench coach for A.J. Hinch in Houston during the 2017 year and for his role in the sign-stealing scandal. Then there was an accusation by the Yankees in 2018, whereby the Red Sox were able to steal signs from the Yankees during the regular season as Cora was able to manipulate the video replay room in Fenway in such a way that he had access to their signs during the Red Sox championship year of 2018.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/us/boston-red-sox-mlb-investigates-sign-stealing-report/index.html

Now, will the Mets "part ways" with Carlos Beltran? Beltran was the only Houston Astros player mentioned in the Commissioner's report whereby the loss of two first and second round draft picks in 2020 and 2021 and the suspensions of Luchnow and Hinch were announced. Apparently, Carlos Beltran was the player who was banging the trash cans outside the Astros dugout.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
The Dodgers acquire Mookie Betts and David Price from the Red Sox as the big trade this offseason. Kenta Maeda to the Twins. Top Twins pitching prospect, Brusdar Graterol is going to the Red Sox. Alex Verdugo is also going to the Red Sox. Joc Pederson to the Angels.

The Dodgers still won't win. Bad luck seems to follow them around.

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
The Dodgers acquire Mookie Betts and David Price from the Red Sox as the big trade this offseason. Kenta Maeda to the Twins. Top Twins pitching prospect, Brusdar Graterol is going to the Red Sox. Alex Verdugo is also going to the Red Sox. Joc Pederson to the Angels.

The Dodgers still won't win. Bad luck seems to follow them around.

Agreed. And and aging David Price isn't going to put them over the top. Four or five years ago when it was rumored they were going to get him yeah he likely would have. But not now.
And I thought Verdugo was considered an untouchable? Obviously not anymore, despite how well he performed when healthy last year.

mikexmoran

Will strip for money!
As a Mets fan, I’m just sad.

Not unusual, but just blah.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
As a Mets fan, I’m just sad.

Not unusual, but just blah.

I'll talk about the Dodgers being unlucky. However, the Mets franchise is cursed. Hey, at least, maybe the Wilpons and Katz families may be out. Coming down to the last hours of bids to be taken on the sale of the team. Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez really have a good shot. They have moved up apparently. Two weeks to go before the August 31, 2020 announcement.

Rodriguez-Lopez-Mets.JPG

They just got swept by the Phillies in Philadelphia. Dreadful weekend. And Jacob DeGrom looks like he's going to the IL with neck tightness. Same old Mets! Ugh. Without him, and Steven Matz being lit up like a Christmas tree everytime he takes the mound. Definitely no joy in Flushing,

Last edited:

mikexmoran

Will strip for money!
I'll talk about the Dodgers being unlucky. However, the Mets franchise is cursed. Hey, at least, maybe the Wilpons and Katz families may be out. Coming down to the last hours of bids to be taken on the sale of the team. Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez really have a good shot. They have moved up apparently. Two weeks to go before the August 31, 2020 announcement.

View attachment 809386

They just got swept by the Phillies in Philadelphia. Dreadful weekend. And Jacob DeGrom looks like he's going to the IL with neck tightness. Same old Mets! Ugh. Without him, and Steven Matz being lit up like a Christmas tree everytime he takes the mound. Definitely no joy in Flushing,
This turns my stomach.

Oh well. The whole Covid thing kind of broke me of my sports addiction. For me that is a good thing since my teams only deliver heartache. Makes my wife happy. That is one of my few real goals in life any way.

The Mets are THAT bad that I have to get philosophical.

Lol

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
We lost so many ex-ball players this year: Bob Watson, Jimmy Wynn, Al Kaline, Tom Seaver, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, and last Thursday, Whitey Ford, and yesterday, Joe Morgan.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I was unaware that Morgan died. I remember before moving to Michigan--even in Toronto, baseball was popular prior to 1977, when the Blue Jays started up--we were well aware of the Cincinnati Reds and their Big Red Machine in those series wins. We knew our team would be placed in the AL, but little did we know how much of an impact Joe Leonard Morgan would have on his team, under the management of one Sparky Anderson, who himself would go on to lead one of the Blue Jays' biggest rivals in Detroit. Joe is and will be missed...I can still hear his voice in my head, broadcasting those games for NBC and ABC. Here's a neat video of a kid who talks about and then shows the video of him getting a signed baseball from Joe at a show.