• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good TV series you have watched?

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
I won't say it's a "good show" because it's just started, but Frasier isn't the total train wreck we were worried about. At least, not yet.

No Niles, but his son is basically him.

The Yak

I won't say it's a "good show" because it's just started, but Frasier isn't the total train wreck we were worried about. At least, not yet.

No Niles, but his son is basically him.
I also thought the first two episodes were fine. Looking forward to next week.

"Archer" has aired its final episode. I guess there is talk of a movie and an outside chance it will get picked up by another network, but there are no announced plans for its continuation. I enjoyed the show greatly over the years and will miss it. Highest possible recommendation.

usman19

Yes, I bribed and cheated to get this far
One Piece

If you loved the anime growing up, you will love this. Unlike other adaptions being made from anime, this is pretty good

The Yak

Is this an australian series?

Yes. There is an episode which takes place during Christmas and everyone is wearing summer clothes. I very much enjoy this one. Still have a few episodes left and will be sad to leave.

Bluejaye

I still don't know what I am doing
Apparently before the end of the year, mine is going to be Grimm. I happen to know someone has splurged and bought me the full boxset for Christmas.
Now aren't I a lucky boy.

usman19

Kin

Great Irish series. If you seen Blue Lights which was a Northern Ireland show, you will love this which is more from Republic of Ireland, it gives off same vibes. A film about opposing gang leaders in Dublin.

Scrublands

An Aussie series which is based on a novel of the same name. Not read the book but i think unlike the book, this is more set in a modern setting. It stars a ex home and away character which made me curious to watch. It all based on why a priest did mass killings and then ended his own life.

Spartacus

I guess if you like Game of Thrones, you will like series like this. This is a good show but the CGI does seem naff at times, but think thats just to help make the blood scenes and violence seem less gory. Based on the historical figure, it does show how things were during that period with the violence, fights and the sex that everyone did. Some of the language used does seem comical at times as think in that time they would never have heard such words and phrases.

Boat Story

It's advertised as a crime thriller but it has a few comedy elements in there. A game of cat and mouse stars when two random people who never met each other, get drawn to each other due to circumstances and find some cocaine which was meant to arrive. They keep it for themselves but the drug dealer is after them.

tvstrip

Those with a soft spot for Aussie stuff might like this. I spent a lot time along the harbour, so I feel nostalgic with many of the scenes.

@usman19 you might find this interesting. They're leaning into all the "touristy" places, so anyone who has visited the country might like it too.

usman19

Those with a soft spot for Aussie stuff might like this. I spent a lot time along the harbour, so I feel nostalgic with many of the scenes.

@usman19 you might find this interesting. They're leaning into all the "touristy" places, so anyone who has visited the country might like it too.
I saw previews about this. Not sure when it will be out, but i will admit that growing up i never really watched alot of cop shows like the csi's ncis and law and orders though

Is this series something i can dip in and watch or do i need to follow the other csi shows?

tvstrip

I saw previews about this. Not sure when it will be out, but i will admit that growing up i never really watched alot of cop shows like the csi's ncis and law and orders though

Is this series something i can dip in and watch or do i need to follow the other csi shows?
It's already aired 2 episodes in the Canada/US.
I've never watched a single NCIS episode, and I was able to get into it. All the characters are new, and there was literally just 1 mention of another NCIS show, so I don't think there's any prior knowledge needed. As is the case with spinoffs, I'm sure there will be future guest star crossovers which will go right over my head. But so far it's been a standalone show in its own right.

I don't think you need to have watched other CSI shows before either - there is of course the standard autopsy stuff, but it's just as much about mystery solving and action scenes. And of course, the cultural humour - like the US character getting into the wrong side of the car, or turning on wipers when they were about to turn :)

usman19

will need to check it out. Don't know the differences between the shows besides the major differences

tvstrip

will need to check it out. Don't know the differences between the shows besides the major differences
TBH I don't know much either. I watched a couple of seasons of the original CSI, but none of the spinoffs. The only difference I know is the NCIS is about military related murders, whereas the other shows are about regular police. Style-wise, CSI does a lot of CG-heavy shots. NCIS Sydney seems to be happy with the touristy money-shots of Australia - which is the main reason I'm watching :)

usman19

The Equaliser

Based on the films, this is a female equivalent backed with her own story and not related to the films. I know many would slam female led films as being woke when males have done a part such as female ghostbusters but the series is decent viewing, but unlike Denzel, she has some co stars that helps her out