• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good TV series you have watched?

usman19

Yes, I bribed and cheated to get this far
The Couple Next Door

Nice series where a couple have moved into a neighbourhood which seems to be Leeds, but isn't as i'm from there. It may look all amazing but one certain couple ain't what they appear to be. This gives off desperate housewives vibes. Bonus points is it stars Eleanor Tomlinson who i find to be a very foxy lady

Such Brave Girls

A bingeworthy comedy from a females POV about 2 sisters and their single mother trying to adjust to normality after the dad has left them

Last edited:

usman19

The Conners

This being a Roseanne spinoff, i never seen the original series, but this is like where Roseanne has finished. It's a decent family sitcom, feels a bit dry in places. Can't tell when this is set in, but seeing as there is mobiles like to think it's the 2010's but gives off vibes like it's the 90's.

The Rookie

Don't watch alot of the american cop shows growing up but thought i would give this a go. This show is brilliant, with the cast, good looking women in the cast, great action and some comedy in places you can't go wrong.

You can relate to each of the main characters in the show.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones

Well, the season finale of Frasier is over and I think it wasn't bad. They brought in a couple familiar faces, and it got the feel of the old series.
I think there's a good chance for a S2

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I just watch season 14 of Archer. I'm not sure if I liked it all that much, so I'll have to watch it again. I do know I don't really like the new character, but I might get over her. Sometimes I have to watch a show, or movie a couple of times to decide how I feel.

usman19

Hawaii Five O

Trying to get into these cop shows and i've noticed some differences between UK and US ones. Here in the UK i noticed that ours have a storyline that goes through each of the episodes and perhaps carry on the following season. The US ones seems to be like every episode is it's own story, and very little carries on. Applies to things like CSI, NCIS and Law and order to name a few. Not saying it's a bad thing, just different. Saying that it can mean you don't have to invest and worry too much if you missed an episode.

This show i love the into music very catchy as they show the cast members. Also get to grace ourselves with the presence of Grace Park in the earlier seasons. It might look dated as it a reboot series that use to be from years ago and this was from the early 2010's.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

A spin off series which is a prequel to the main Spartacus series. Series is good so far and some of the characters you see in the main 1st season of Spartacus are here, and shows how their origins to the main series. Spartacus though sadly wasn't heavily featured here except briefly at the start when they give a flashback from the ending of season 1. If you don't mind the excessive use of blood/gore, swearing and alot of nudity, i would recommend this series but to watch this in between season 1 of Spartacus and season 2.

Last edited:

tvstrip

I'd recommend checking out this Community before they rotate it out in a week:

If you watch it with the version with Pedro, it makes it that much funnier

The Yak

"Archer" has aired its final episode. I guess there is talk of a movie and an outside chance it will get picked up by another network, but there are no announced plans for its continuation. I enjoyed the show greatly over the years and will miss it. Highest possible recommendation.
Now it's really over after the release of the finale episode. Great show. Events happen which divide a person's life into "before" and "after". Sometimes these events are not positive. "Archer" is a thread from the "before" for me when my life was better. Bittersweet seeing it come to an end. Little melancholic for this thread but that's the mood in which I find myself.

tvstrip

1hr Archer series finale was great. Writing a satisfying ending is tough, but I'd say they pulled it off.

usman19

Smothered

A great british sitcom which you can binge all on Sky about two randoms who hook up for no strings fun and hope things don't progress. We seen this formula before but way it happens you ask whether they do or not get together properly in the end in the name of love.

Both the leads are well known in doing alot of shows in the UK, comedy ones so didn't strike to me as "who are they?"

The Yak

BrockmireTitleCard.png

One of the best shows I have ever watched. I do not think there is a bad episode in the first three seasons. Manages to be very funny while also perfectly portraying alcoholism and depression.

usman19

True Love

A great series which is very moving about a gang of elderly friends who make a pact in rather than dying they have a death of dignity. Where they have good intentions, they find in practice, reality comes to bite them in the backside. Even though this is a drama, there is some elements of comedy in here.

Sort Of

Not familiar with the cast here but was curious about this as it's a lgbtq show and came on my recommends. This is about a gender fluid person finding their identity while juggling their lives. I also like this as it's someone from a pakistani background like myself where i can relate to the person. The persons family do seem to be very accepting which i find refreshing.

Girls

A group of early 20's girls trying to make most of their lives. This has the feel of sex and the city but without the glamour of it and more the gloom side. The writer and creator is one of the stars of the show but the only person i recognise is Alison Williams who was a star in the film Get out

Big Little Lies

Good big name cast but what got me curious to watching this is that Shailene Woodley is in this series, and i feel she kills all her roles she does. Series is about a trio of rich women, Shailene, Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon who bound early in the series, but soon as a murder occurs their lives changes as worms come out perhaps shaking their relationships to the core.

usman19

Significant Other

A light hearted romantic comedy starring two people who are household names in the British comedy tv scene Katherine Parkinson who is well known in IT Crowd and Youssef Kerkour who is in the series Home. They star as two neighbours going through tough times, and embark on a romance. This series is quite touching and shows even in the darkest times, love can happen. This series is not the slapstick laugh out loud comedy people would expect from these two.

Based on a True Story

Great series which is a a dark comedy starring Kaley Cuoco and Chris Messina as a couple whose lives are not going so well, so along with a plumber who ain't all what he seems, make a podcast about true crime which is an obsession that everyone enjoys. There are some laughing bits, some blood parts. Episodes are quite short so you can go through a binge. This gives of Scream Queens vibes, only difference is the killer is known at the start, who is he?

The Gilded Age

A true period drama series based on the titular era in New York. It is refreshing to see a series from a different perspective as when people hear period dramas, they always associate it with the British, which we seem to excel in these kind of shows such as The Crown. This is a good american version of a period drama.

Insecure

A comedy starring Issa Rae. This is a good comedy sitcom highlighting her awkward experiences and getting by each day. I really like the breaking of the forth wall element here but it's more like

Mare of Easttown

Kate Winslet is a great actress in whatever she does. Here she plays a sheriff trying to solve a murder of a young girl in the local town. Her personal life is not the best for various reasons such as not being able to find a missing girl that's been going on for over a year, losing a son to suicide and divorce to name a few. People in the community have lost some faith in her, but she strives to prove them wrong and bring back her name to what it was before.

usman19

Fire Country

A series about a young convict looking to turn his life around alongside other convicts while being part of the Cal Fire to help reduce his sentence. The show does start slow but does pick up afterwards when you gel with the characters and find out their back stories.

True Detective

Only followed the latest season starring Jodie Foster who is nailing this role to a tea. You don't have to follow the other seasons as each season is it's own story anthology with it's own cast members. Similar to the Fargo series. Jodie role is to play a sheriff at a local town when homicides are taking place.

Count Abdulla

One for asian people of Pakistani origin to enjoy. This may not be a comedy like Citizen Khan or Man like Mobeen, but as it centred around a asian character it can be relatable. The main star goes through a identity crisis l(ike alot of asians in Britain do )after being bite

Young Rock

A great sitcom which i heard recently has been cancelled after 3 seasons is about the well known wrestler now huge Hollywood star Dwayne The Rock Johnson and his childhood life which highlights his highs and lows growing up. This is based on true events which has been slightly dramatized. This is in the middle of not being a slapstick laugh out loud comedy and not a serious drama. The Rock himself is in the show itself heavily

Ruby Speaking

People who work in call centres can relate to this. Ruby has to juggle working in a call centre aswell as being part of a choir for a competition. This has some good laughs

tvstrip

Young Rock

A great sitcom which i heard recently has been cancelled after 3 seasons i
I didn't know it was cancelled. I don't know what the ratings were, but I thought it was pretty popular among wrestling fans, especially old school ones.
And they just barely got started on his actual WWE career. Well, I guess now he's got more business stuff to do, he's going to be ok with that.

usman19

I didn't know it was cancelled. I don't know what the ratings were, but I thought it was pretty popular among wrestling fans, especially old school ones.
And they just barely got started on his actual WWE career. Well, I guess now he's got more business stuff to do, he's going to be ok with that.
never know it could come back

freeryan

Fuck the rest, Freeones is the best!
I don't watch many but in the past few years; Squid Game, Wednesday and Twisted Metal

usman19

Domino Day

A fun watch drama of a witch who is hunting on victim to feed on

The Dry

An Irish comedy about a woman who trying to get grips on her life after living in London to party. This has alot of laugh out loud moments