• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fallout 4

Just started playing.

One thing that sticks out is this is definitely not a graphical showcase on the consoles. It's not that it looks bad, it's cleaned up and the color pallette is improved over FO3. It actually looks good, if it had come 10 years ago. The character models and level of detail are not even up to what 360 launch games were in 2005 IMO. I haven't seen a side-by-side, but skyrim looks way better than this.

whatever, this game will still be epic.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I bought Fallout 3 some weeks ago - they have some design theme that is a bit like old-school scifi cartoons. Maybe they voluntarily do the graphics like this to keep it oldschool?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Just started playing.

One thing that sticks out is this is definitely not a graphical showcase on the consoles. It's not that it looks bad, it's cleaned up and the color pallette is improved over FO3. It actually looks good, if it had come 10 years ago. The character models and level of detail are not even up to what 360 launch games were in 2005 IMO. I haven't seen a side-by-side, but skyrim looks way better than this.

whatever, this game will still be epic.

Vanilla Skyrim does not look better than vanilla FO4.

the decision to make your dog invincible was a bad one IMO. the result: I don't care what happens to him. I don't even bother to issue him commands to stay out of danger while i jump into the middle of a fracas. and when I hear him yelping as he's getting riddled with lead or getting bashed repeatedly, I don't care because he's just going to miraculously recover after the battle is over no matter what i do.

thanks bethesda! :thumbsup:

don't mean this to be a bitch fest, I'm glad the game is out I guess. but I gotta call it.

the devs reasoning was that most people would reload their save if their dog died. maybe so, but give us that option ffs.

and all of the above would be excusable if the game offered a compelling story, but so far it hasn't. It's pretty bland and generic. And the voice acting is awful.

game of the year my ass.

I've ordered the game, but it won't get to me for a couple of days. I can live with it not having state of the art graphics as long as the gameplay is good and the plot is alright especially if it has all the good quirks and features of the setting fallout usually does.

the decision to make your dog invincible was a bad one IMO. the result: I don't care what happens to him. I don't even bother to issue him commands to stay out of danger while i jump into the middle of a fracas. and when I hear him yelping as he's getting riddled with lead or getting bashed repeatedly, I don't care because he's just going to miraculously recover after the battle is over no matter what i do.

thanks bethesda! :thumbsup:

don't mean this to be a bitch fest, I'm glad the game is out I guess. but I gotta call it.

the devs reasoning was that most people would reload their save if their dog died. maybe so, but give us that option ffs.

I have to admit that Dogmeat being able to die and being so easy to kill in the games he has been in was such a colossal pain the ass before I don't see him being invincible as anything other the the much lesser of evils. Back in the other games that was one of my biggest peeves was that he wasn't invincible. I liked having him, but hated having to micromanage and babysit him to be able to take him anywhere, or as you said save scum his survival through it.

I've ordered the game, but it won't get to me for a couple of days. I can live with it not having state of the art graphics as long as the gameplay is good and the plot is alright especially if it has all the good quirks and features of the setting fallout usually does.

I have to admit that Dogmeat being able to die and being so easy to kill in the games he has been in was such a colossal pain the ass before I don't see him being invincible as anything other the the much lesser of evils. Back in the other games that was one of my biggest peeves was that he wasn't invincible. I liked having him, but hated having to micromanage and babysit him to be able to take him anywhere, or as you said save scum his survival through it.

the gameplay is actually improved (it's a better first person shooter), but unless there's some further revelation, the plot can't compare to FO3 and New Vegas. There's really just nothing there. I won't give anything away. That said, it's Fallout, and I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and see it through. It's just that I'm underwhelmed thus far.

And if given the choice between reloading the save or not or having dogmeat (or any of my companions) being invincible I'd choose the former. At least with the former, you can live with the consequences of them being gone permanently if you so choose. In this case, you go from micromanaging to having managing at all made pointless.

I just recently got the dog and I'm glad he's invincible. I don't really have to worry about him and I'll have a constant companion on my quests. It's the same reason I ended up marrying Mjoll the Lioness and took her on my quests in Skyrim, she was invincible.

that's cool, then pardon me if I don't care what the dog (or I'm assuming this applies to all my companions in the game) does or doesn't do. I got a prompt in game to give a stimpak to dogmeat. Why bother? You have a command radial available for the dog but there's no point. Just run around and do what you want you invincible dog.

f'n retarded.

I thought I was being cool putting the turrets, guard towers, food etc.... in random places at the Sanctuary settlement. After seeing this video, it looks like I have some work to do.

I thought I was being cool putting the turrets, guard towers, food etc.... in random places at the Sanctuary settlement. After seeing this video, it looks like I have some work to do.

NO SHIT!! this settlement makes mine look like a cardboard box!. i have a lot of work to do!

I'm only about seven hours into it. I didn't have much time since last weekend because of work this week, but now that's it's Friday I will be able to log some good time in the wasteland.

I'm not sure if I like the whole settlement thing. On one hand it seems like a pretty good addition. On the other it seems like it might be a pain in the ass to deal with. At least it gives some use to all the random junk that's out there.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the power armor mechanics in this one yet. I can like how it's a limited tactical resource and the customization with it now, but sometimes it's a pain dealing with it also I just want to get into it and go. For the most part I tend to have not used it yet except for one deathclaw.

On the subject of deathclaws, they are very scary again. I don't think I will be dealing with them for a while. In fallout 3 once you got a decent level and equipment they weren't that much worse than normal opponents. Maybe it just seems that way because I'm just starting out, but they seem like they can easily kill you dead.

I like the skill threes and the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stuff in this game. The only thing I don't like is it seems like you pretty much have to map out what your going to do from the start to get anywhere near good efficiency. I also don't want to wait until half way through the game to find out I won't be able to build some construction or piece of equipment I want. It seems like most RPGs, both video games and table top, are like that nowadays. I sometimes with I could choose what's fun sounding as I go without having to worry too much about it or nerfing myself too badly, and be able to get most of the stuff in the game without having to go through multiple playthroughs.

I never got super annoyed at the glitches& such with the fallout games. But today I ran into something that really sucked.
I was at the lake just down the way from the crashed plane. I ran into a raider living in a truck trailer with 2 turrets as defenses. I killed the raider and then lured the a few mirelurks from the lake into the turret firing area. When the mirelurks attacked the turrets they destroyed them and in turn injured or killed themselves. I gathered the parts from the turrets saved, went down to the lake building gathered junk, went to the local building to drop off my junk. Then on the way back to the lake I passed by the raiders trailer and the fucking turrets were both back functional! How? How the fuck does that happen. I actually got shot a few times but the turrets when I was targeted and had to run. That kinda bullshit really pisses me off.

No. You know the one thing I don't like in this game, the mole rats & rad scorpions either just showing up out of the blue, or burrowing from spot to spot and you have no idea where the hell they are