• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lets Talk About Credits! An Update!

In the last post about credits I talked about the prototype credit system we had created internally for our admin. I also revealed that we've started work on the new system for YOU guys. Well, I'm very pleased to tell you that I've been able to see the start of the system on our test server!

About the New Credit System

To you guys, we'll always refer to the system as a credit system and the end result as credits. However, for the nerds out there that like to know how things work under the hood what we're creating is essentially a "reward" system.

A reward essentially translates into the thing that a credit value is attached to. Rewards can be positive which will end up being transactions. Do a thing and get 100 credits, do another thing and get -100 credits.

How this would look in the wild is say, you create an account for the first time. You get 100 credits. Behind the scenes, you earned 1 reward with a value of 100 credits that goes onto your account. You then go on to do things on the site such as report bad links. If the reports are accepted by admin, you'd earn a reward worth 1 credit each. Or say you suggest cast members to galleries and earn rewards worth 10 credits each. Now you have a bank of several hundred credits and want to spend them on something.

You decide to download a video for 25 credits. That's actually a reward worth -25 credits. Or you decide to get a premium account for 500 credits. This is a reward worth -500 credits.

The 'rewards' is an easy way for us to talk about things behind the scenes and interact with the system in the admin. So now you know what we're talking about if you see an update in the Update section referring to rewards, what the heck we're talking about!

Not all Credits are granted automatically

Like with the old system, there will be several credit rewards that are automatically granted. Daily logging in, commenting on babe profiles, following girls, rating content.... however, there's going to be quite a few things that will need to wait for an action from admin workers.

If you suggest cast to a photo or video, you're credits will essentially be in "escrow" until someone either approves it (credits go to your account) or reject it (credits don't go to your account). We'll be showing this on your profile, much like we did on the old site so you can see how many credits you can spend, how much you potentially have held, and how many have been rejected.

What's been built so far?

The reward system IS in the admin on our test server. I can actually create new rewards and I can add/subtract credits from users with custom rewards. Once we have the system in place, any reward that will be put out into the world automatically will be created by me (or another admin) and then need to be put in place by a developer.

What comes next?

The next thing we need to do is add a tab in the admin to user accounts so we can look at your credit history there. We also need to get the reward connected to the first action, which I believe is submitting links to FreeOnes. Then we'll be attaching your transaction history to your profile so you can see it too.

Once we get this all set up, we will run it "behind the scenes" for a few weeks so we can watch it and make sure it's working properly. We want to identify any issues that may cause problems down the road. We may also use this oppertunity to bring in some beta testers who can actually see their credits and allow them to try to game and break the system. ;-D Once we're 100% sure that it's working right, we'll add a few more rewards and then open it up for use!

What about my old credits?

When we're 500% sure that everything is working properly that we programmed we'll start working on your old credits. We're going to have to create custom rewards for each user with a positive balance and then add them to your account. Don't worry, this is NOT being done by hand!! I'm hoping we'll be able to get to this mid Q1 of 2022.

What would YOU like to earn credits for? What would you like to spend credits on?

So now let me ask you this. What would you like to earn credits for? You can mention board actions but be warned, we have't even started looking at how to hook this into the board software and those rewards will probably come last.

And of course, what would you like to spend credits on? I don't care how crazy it sounds, that's what brain storming is!

Last edited:
Reactions: sj1