• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Return of FreeOnes Credits Has Started!

Remember FreeOnes Credits? Well, they're coming back soon! I'm very pleased to report that one of our developers told me this morning that he started with the base programming of this new feature (i.e. the foundation). This is a pretty big feature, so don't expect it next week but I'm hoping that you'll be able to see something yourselves by the end of November. Until then, here's an explanation of what we're doing...

FreeOnes Credits History

On our old site, myFreeOnes users could earn credits for many things from logging in daily to reporting bad links. In turn, they could use their credits to buy video downloads, custom titles on the forum, name changes on the forum, stuff from the FreeOnes store, etc.

However, when we switched from the old site to the new site we realized that we needed so many things BEFORE we could even start programming the credits that it was put on temporary hold.

Rewards for FreeOnes Editors

Internally, I needed a system to track the work of the FreeOnes editors. These are the good folk that work on getting all the fresh daily content onto the site, adding new babes, accepting your babe suggestions and changes to the babe profiles, link suggestions, so on and so forth. So one of my developers built me the Editor Reward System internally. Not only was this a way for me to track the work of my editors, but it doubled as a proof of concept for the FreeOnes Credit System we knew we needed to put in place.

The idea of the proof of concept was to give me something small and basic that I could work with already and see if it held up for the editors. Then we added more internal users onto the reward system to scale up a bit. With over 100 users, it held up well and stayed very accurate.

Adapting the Reward System to the New Credit System

Now that the reward system proof of concept held up, it's time to start scaling the entire system up from 100+ users with maybe a quarter to half a day generating rewards to scaling it up so that thousands of users can generate rewards at the same time.

Once we get the frame work in place for the new version of the reward system we'll be able to apply a cost to each reward. This cost will translate into credits for you. So if you report a dead link and it's deleted from the system, you may earn a reward of 5 credits. Or if you suggest a new babe that's added you may get a 25 credit reward.

And of course this also means we'll be implementing a transaction system. Everything you do to earn a reward is a positive reward. Things that you buy using your credits will give a negative reward which will be noted on a balance sheet.

What Will Come First?

Once we have the reward infrastructure built we will start by creating a few things that you can do to earn credits such as reporting links, suggesting babes, suggesting babe wiki edits, etc. We'll start by having this admin only and perhaps add a few people in to help beta test. Once we feel that everything is OK then we will add a few things you can spend your credits on such as a premium account or downloading videos if you're not a premium account user.

What About Credits From the Old myFreeOnes

Don't worry, we still have records of everything everyone had. Once we get the new system up and running, we'll work on getting everyone's credits into the system. But we can't put the cart before the horse!

And that's an explanation of what's going on!