• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Gun Control debate thread

Johan

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Omar Mateen made statements supporting ISIS and Jihad. What's your point?

What was her motivation?

What ?!

How is Omar Mateen related to the story I just posted ? My point is simple : Don't let people with mental issues have access to guns or have guns in their house. Otherwise, it ends with people shooting their families, their friends, their neighbors, etc.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
What ?!

How is Omar Mateen related to the story I just posted ? My point is simple : Don't let people with mental issues have access to guns or have guns in their house. Otherwise, it ends with people shooting their families, their friends, their neighbors, etc.

Don't go to a troll game with a logic stick.

It's like with the gun fight, you know.

BCsSecretAlias

Closed Account
What ?!

She made comments supportive of the 2nd Amendment.

Mateen made comments supportive of ISIS.

Conclusion? She bastardized and does not represent the 2nd Amendment.

Johan

She made comments supportive of the 2nd Amendment.

Mateen made comments supportive of ISIS.

Conclusion? She bastardized and does not represent the 2nd Amendment.
OK. But it doesn't change the fact that people with mental issues shoudn't be allowed to buy or owns guns.
Same about people with a history of domestic violence (because if someone can come to the point where he/she punches his wife/her husband, there's a huge risk that someday he/she will shoot her/him).

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
If the NRA had any brains at all, they'd find 10, 20, 50,000 bonafide Liberal gun lovers (they're out there Sparky, oh yes indeed they are out there), and shove them right down Arianna Huffinton's throat

Yep.

Instead this is just another issue where the hysteria on the right is off the charts.

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
Christ! We just witnessed full on hysteria by congressional Dems. Unreal.

Full on hysteria? How many of them were calling for the repeal of the second amendment? For the confiscation of all guns?
On the right, the belief is that most on the left would support that. That's called hysteria.

Johan

How many time have we heard that "Obama is coming for our guns", that he's planning a federal gun grab that would happen very soon ? And How many gunsd did he seized from the American people ?
Actually Obama wants too deny to the American people the right to bear arms so much that, during his 8 years presidency, guns sales have skyrocketed like never before

imrs.php

Call me paranoid but, since everytime there's a mass shooting Obama says it's time to pass gun-control laws, then the NRA and the republicans are outraged, gun sales actually go up and in the end no gun control bills are passed, I'm starting to think that this is all part of a plan which aims to sell more guns, that GOP, NRA and Obama are just playing their parts in a massive plot designed to lure americans in thinking that the 2nd amendment will soon be a thing of the past and that they have to buy as many guns as pssible while the still can.

Straight Shooter

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Gun grabbing Missouri state senator arrested Monday night with a 9mm, extra ammo and intoxicated. Intoxicated and possessing a weapon is a big no-no permitted or not
http://endingthefed.com/us-anti-gun...ed-gun-extra-clips-and-drunk-in-ferguson.html

Yikes! You're two years too late. You guys and these websites :facepalm: Did you get this article from Facebook?

Here's a better link
http://www.stltoday.com/news/state-...cle_bc0bcccc-11b0-5a51-9e73-7ad028efd35a.html

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Yep.

Instead this is just another issue where the hysteria on the right is off the charts.

To be fair, I believe that it cuts both ways. I wouldn't disagree that there is an element of hysteria on the right. But it seems that there is also an element of political grandstanding on the left. These mass shootings (no matter what type of weapon is used) are serious and they do need to be addressed. No argument from me there. But a very large percentage of firearms related deaths (and violent crime in general) in the U.S. are committed by nickel & dime, career criminals, who are already prohibited from owning firearms by federal law.

As I've said on here many times, I'm an NRA Life Member and have been for decades. I don't apologize for that. It was a decision that I made many years ago. And although I don't follow Wayne LaPierre's directives and opinions in lockstep (I don't agree with myself more than 50% of the time :D), I do agree that a very meaningful reduction in firearms related deaths could be attained if state and federal law enforcement (and the judicial system) would vigorously enforce existing firearms laws. I'm rather frustrated and confused that federal prosecutors have declined to really go after organized gangs and various street criminals who get caught with firearms or get caught trafficking in drugs and guns. Also, the banks that have been caught laundering money for these operations only have to pay a fine, while no one goes to jail. That's been just as true under Obama as Bush. And considering that Chicago has such a violent crime problem, and that's been Obama's home base for much of his political life, I find that rather shocking.

IMO, Omar Mateen, Dylann Roof, James Holmes, the San Bernardino Shooters and other mass shootings, while most certainly horrible and tragic, are actually statistical outliers. I don't mean to be flippant, but they're largely man bites dog stories. While I don't oppose efforts to make weapons harder to get for suspected terrorists and people with mental issues, quite often, they haven't been convicted of a crime. So that makes it rather difficult to put civil restrictions on them, or so I would think. But now, the thousands that are killed or injured by convicted criminals each year, they have restrictions already in place. I've just not heard anyone (in political power anyway) present a rational plan for dealing with this social menace. And let's face it, dealing with that rather small population would have an outsized result to the good. The proposal to pass laws that will affect a massive population, when they can't/won't enforce laws that (already) affect a rather small population, just doesn't seem very logical or rational in my view. It strikes me as a feel-good measure that won't accomplish much... sort of like the so called Assault Weapons Ban from the 90's that focused on the superficial appearance of certain weapons.

But maybe some good ideas can be found somewhere in the middle.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Most of the gun crime in the USA is drug related.
It's fact.
And guess who controls most of the Heroin and Cocaine exportation and importation?

Johan

Most of the gun crime in the USA is drug related.
It's fact.
And, do you have some proofs, some datas to back this claim ? Or did you just made it up and hope we'd be idiot enough to trust you just because you said "it's fact" ?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
And, do you have some proofs, some datas to back this claim ? Or did you just made it up and hope we'd be idiot enough to trust you just because you said "it's fact" ?

Drugs and gangs are the most major violent crime drivers that we have here, Johan. And the threat is growing.

Per the FBI's 2011 stats

Gang-Related Violent Crime

Gang-related crime and violence continues to rise. NGIC analysis indicates that gang members are responsible for an average of 48 percent of violent crime in most jurisdictions and much higher in others. Some jurisdictions in Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, and Texas report that gangs are responsible for at least 90 percent of crime.

And I suspect that, just like we don't really get daily crime news out of Europe unless it's terrorism related, you probably don't get daily crime news out of the U.S. We don't even get daily crime news from city to city here, unless it's something terror related or horrific and unusual. You can't really be blamed for thinking that it's some average schmo with his dressed up, G.I. Joe wannabe AR-15 that constitutes the major firearms issues here. But the day in, day out killings and shootings here are (as per the FBI stats) typically driven by gangs and drug related activities. My thought is, because there is such an immense amount of money involved, no one really wants to tackle that problem. With enough money, you can buy a crate of fully automatic weapons, a truckload of child prostitutes and ten kilos of cocaine - and all of those "items" are sold every single day in the U.S. You'd have to shackle the CEOs of all of the major financial institutions, who launder the money and provide financing for the various international cartels involved, in order to put a dent in it. Hell, even the outlaw motorcycle gangs have a big hand in this multi-billion dollar business. Until "important" people start getting whacked, the various administrations (Democrat or Republican) will be content to just talk about it, write some meaningless, feel-good words on worthless pieces of paper and never really do anything about it. The very fellow (Bill Clinton) who now talks about his Assault Weapons Ban as if it was successful, took money from a key player within the international arms trade. A man who was connected to the same company (Polytech, I believe it was) that was going to provide fully automatic, military grade AK-47s and machine gun barrels to street gangs in L.A. The dude even had a nice visit to the White House during Clinton's term. He was a bonafide F.O.B. ("Friend of Bill"): Mr. Johnny Chung. Google the name. You might get a kick out of reading about that sad episode of high level U.S. corruption.

I'm not saying do nothing. Not at all. I'm just saying, do what is most effective.