• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

'Why is Israel apologising all the time' Sarah Palin on whistlestop tour of Jerusalem

emceeemcee

Banned
Re: 'Why is Israel apologising all the time' Sarah Palin on whistlestop tour of Jerus

Go fuck yourself,

right back at 'cha princess ;)

and when you're done (it shouldn't take long), read some history older than the last 60 years. :cool:

I know plenty of history that's older than 60 years and it just so happens to make the zionist argument even more vacuous (no wonder you're so touchy)

:hatsoff:

emceeemcee

Banned
Re: 'Why is Israel apologising all the time' Sarah Palin on whistlestop tour of Jerus

It's the only western style democracy in the Middle East.

Not even your own state department believes that:

Israel dismally fails the requirements of a tolerant pluralistic society, according to a new report from the U.S. State Department

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...tment-israel-is-not-a-tolerant-society-1.4683

Western democracies gave up the whole colonial settler entrerprise thing quite some time ago.

Israel is probably the most treacherous ally any nation could have. They steal their 'allies' passports, insult their politicians, spy on them and sell their weapons technology to adversaries. And Americans are told that they have to have all of their benefits cut and can't have universal health care etc yet Israel is still lavished with billions in aid money each year (they have universal health care btw :1orglaugh)

Clearly your politicians believe Israeli citizens are more deserving of your tax dollars than Americans are.

And Americans are told that they have to have all of their benefits cut and can't have universal health care etc yet Israel is still lavished with billions in aid money each year (they have universal health care btw :1orglaugh)

"lavished" LOL

Israel is only lavished incrementally more than several other U.S. major foreign aid recipients, including Egypt at roughly 1.7 billion per year (Israel gets close to 3).

Israel receives (at most) 10% of the total we spend on foreign aid.

Clearly your politicians believe Israeli citizens are more deserving of your tax dollars than Americans are.

That is of course a completely ridiculous statement.
The 3 billion we give to Israel (as well as the 1.7 to Egypt) is barely a blip on the radar screen compared to our government's domestic social services spending, which (including social security) was in the neighborhood of 2 trillion dollars in 2009.

The total federal budget for 2009 was 3.55 trillion.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

"lavished" LOL

Israel is only lavished incrementally more than several other U.S. major foreign aid recipients, including Egypt at roughly 1.7 billion per year (Israel gets close to 3).

The 3 billion we give to Israel (as well as the 1.7 to Egypt) is barely a blip on the radar screen compared to our government's domestic social services spending, which (including social security) was in the neighborhood of 2 trillion dollars in 2009.

oh only 3 billion each year?
oh how nice.
and with that 3 billion we buy the hatred of 1.5 billion muslims.
thats 50 cents a muslim........pretty cheap!
we might give then 3 bil a year but the price we pay for giving them that does add up to much much more, dollar wise and in many other ways.

think about it.
we fought world war one to get them palestine.
we fought world war to form israel.
and since then we have given them hundreds of billions.
man thats a lot of sacrifice from a lot of americans.

how come we don't do that much for bratslavia?
oh yeah, the bratslavians don't control the US government.

JayJohn85

Banned

Without extensive reading you won't hear about the decades of war crimes at the hands of the Israelis or what goes on in the west bank on a day to day basis, especially if you rely on the MSM for your info. There are countless books documenting Israeli atrocities, many of them written by Israeli scholars and millions of websites with the relevant info.

It's probably the scholar's apologising.

oh only 3 billion each year?
oh how nice.
and with that 3 billion we buy the hatred of 1.5 billion muslims.

IN total we send more than 3 billion a year to arab and/or muslim majority nations.

Egypt, Pakistan, Jordan, etc.

we fought world war to form israel.

Really? I thought we fought the world war to save ourselves and the rest of the world from fascism.

Guess I better bone up on my history.

emceeemcee

Banned

"lavished" LOL

The 3 billion figure which gets thrown out there isn't anywhere near the real cost. There's funding for weapons projects from the department of defense, loans that get waived (and interest on those loans- guess who pays that?), the cash sucked up by the LE agencies who have to combat the espionage campaign carried out against the US from Israelis, the billions it costs after Israel has reverse engineered your weapons and sold them to your adversaries, trade subsidies and agreements that favor Israel by shutting out or divert US exports all of which have ended up costing hundreds of thousand of jobs in America.

The real figure is in the trillions.

And that's not even factoring in the extra financial costs to your security that being a friend to Israel incurs or the Iraq war that the pro-Israel figures in the Bush admin pushed your country into.

The real figure is in the trillions.

So it's not 3 billion per year it's in the trillions?

would love to see some verifiable figures to back that up.

The entire federal budget is 3 trillion per year.

the Iraq war that the pro-Israel figures in the Bush admin pushed your country into.

This is your take on the reason Bush invaded?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the real reasons along with finishing daddy's war, oil interests and gaining a foothold near Iran. Saddam was never a threat to the west and there was only one country his 'weapons' could possibly reach, the same country he sent scud missiles to back in '91, WMDs was a very poor smokescreen in reality. 4500 Americans have died with over 30000 wounded in a country halfway around the world that was no threat whatsoever to America, quite sad really isn't it.

emceeemcee

Banned

http://www.wrmea.com/archives/june2003/0306020.html

Among other reasons. And it's not just my take, but Phillip Zelikow's:

"Why would Iraq attack America or use nuclear weapons against us? I'll tell you what I think the real threat (is) and actually has been since 1990 - it's the threat against Israel," Zelikow told a crowd at the University of Virginia on Sep. 10, 2002, speaking on a panel of foreign policy experts assessing the impact of 9/11 and the future of the war on the al-Qaeda terrorist organisation.
http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=23083

and Bill Clinton's:

The Administration did but they didn't. So, my view is that the President and Mr Cheney and Mr Rumsfeld and Mr Wolfowitz, they wanted to go to war in Iraq to replace Saddam because they thought the whole enterprise had merit in and of itself - to shake up the authoritarian Arab regimes in the Middle East, to make Israel feel more secure and give America more leverage in making peace with Palestinians and Israelis. And I think that, in the beginning, this whole weapons of mass destruction thing, for them, was maybe a good way to get their foot in the door but not the major issue for them.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1157592.htm

and a bunch of others

http://walt.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/02/08/i_dont_mean_to_say_i_told_you_so_but

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

IN total we send more than 3 billion a year to arab and/or muslim majority nations.

Egypt, Pakistan, Jordan, etc.

Really? I thought we fought the world war to save ourselves and the rest of the world from fascism.

Guess I better bone up on my history.

HAHAHA!
Reminds me of this:

And the money? I doubt its in the trillions, but it's much more than 3 billion.
btw I'm not against aide to only Israel but to all counties, and if there will be aide, no where near as much as is given.

So you're talking about total expenditures since 1945, not per annum. Correct?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the real reasons

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a consideration, but a major reason?
Not in my opinion.

WMDs was a very poor smokescreen in reality.

In the end yes, but the "imminent threat" speil was the only way he could sell invasion and war to the American public (and to many in Congress).

The Bush administration got an incredible amount of mileage out of creating and manipulating fear. Remember the color coded terrorist threat level alerts? Good grief :facepalm:

4500 Americans have died with over 30000 wounded in a country halfway around the world that was no threat whatsoever to America, quite sad really isn't it.

It's fuckin horrible.
And it's horrible that some of our allies got dragged in as well.

emceeemcee

Banned

So you're talking about total expenditures since 1945, not per annum. Correct?

I could have been cleared there perhaps. Yes, the total cost is in the trillions of course, but the annual cost is far over the 3 billion figure which is thrown out there- it's read to the exclusion of the job & trade losses, weapons which are gifted in order to appease them, the financial cost of propping up certain regimes (Egypt,Jordan, PLA) to keep Israel happy.

, the financial cost of propping up certain regimes (Egypt,Jordan, PLA) to keep Israel happy.

In order to have stability in the region which is priceless.

emceeemcee

Banned

In order to have stability in the region which is priceless.

well at least you haven't taken to regurgitating worn out cliches that bare absolutely no resemblance to reality :facepalm:

I'd suggest taking off the blinders trying to think for yourself once and a while. Pick up a newspaper or two while your at- if the current goings on in the mid east aren't enough to dispel the myth that dictatorships and iron-fist monarchies produce massive instability then nothing is. Or maybe the wars in Lebanon, Gaza and the threat of action in Iran is your idea of 'stability'?

tell the Palestinians they had stability :1orglaugh constant food shortages, people dying at checkpoints from lack of medical care, hospital supplies running low, power and fuel shortages, their crops being vandalized and stolen, their houses being demolished, UN stores being bombed, children and politicians being imprisoned......

well at least you haven't taken to regurgitating worn out cliches that bare absolutely no resemblance to reality :facepalm:

I'd suggest taking off the blinders trying to think for yourself once and a while. Pick up a newspaper or two while your at- if the current goings on in the mid east aren't enough to dispel the myth that dictatorships and iron-fist monarchies produce massive instability then nothing is. Or maybe the wars in Lebanon, Gaza and the threat of action in Iran is your idea of 'stability'?

tell the Palestinians they had stability :1orglaugh constant food shortages, people dying at checkpoints from lack of medical care, hospital supplies running low, power and fuel shortages, their crops being vandalized and stolen, their houses being demolished, UN stores being bombed, children and politicians being imprisoned......

No major Arab/Israeli wars since 1973. Yes that's stability. These "revolutions" will likely bring in the islamists and an eventual repeat of the major wars from 1948-1973. Except the Arabs won't be secularists but insane religious zealots.

No major Arab/Israeli wars since 1973. Yes that's stability. These "revolutions" will likely bring in the islamists and an eventual repeat of the major wars from 1948-1973. Except the Arabs won't be secularists but insane religious zealots.

That circumstance only belies an absence of overt, broad-scale conflict...not 'stability' IMO.

Open warfare is a policy with natural limitations. So just because open conflict doesn't rage on doesn't mean 'stability' replaces it.

The conflict ejecting Iraq from Kuwait lasted 100 hrs. yet over 10 years later in 2003 we invaded Iraq in an act of open warfare theoretically because of some perceived threat.:2 cents:

That circumstance only belies an absence of overt, broad-scale conflict...not 'stability' IMO.

Open warfare is a policy with natural limitations. So just because open conflict doesn't rage on doesn't mean 'stability' replaces it.

The conflict ejecting Iraq from Kuwait lasted 100 hrs. yet over 10 years later in 2003 we invaded Iraq in an act of open warfare theoretically because of some perceived threat.:2 cents:

Don't even try and spin this Meg. Stability means no major war between Israel, and it's Arab neighbors.

Now go pound sand.

Don't even try and spin this Meg. Stability means no major war between Israel, and it's Arab neighbors.

Now go pound sand.

:rolleyes:

Yeah...and if you ask anyone outside of you bubble of reality if lack of open warfare between Israel and her neighbors since '73 represented a stablity and you'd be laughed off the planet. As they'd no sooner point your big head in the direction of Operation Opera against Iraq in '81 and then Iraq lobbing SCUDs on Israel 10 years later.:1orglaugh

'pound sand'? I was trying to upgrade you when I suggested you do that. An upgrade from pulling your big head out of the sand and putting your little head in instead.:hatsoff: