• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

'Why is Israel apologising all the time' Sarah Palin on whistlestop tour of Jerusalem

Re: 'Why is Israel apologising all the time' Sarah Palin on whistlestop tour of Jerus

:rolleyes:

Yeah...and if you ask anyone outside of you bubble of reality if lack of open warfare between Israel and her neighbors since '73 represented a stablity and you'd be laughed off the planet. As they'd no sooner point your big head in the direction of Operation Opera against Iraq in '81 and then Iraq lobbing SCUDs on Israel 10 years later.:1orglaugh

'pound sand'? I was trying to upgrade you when I suggested you do that. An upgrade from pulling your big head out of the sand and putting your little head in instead.:hatsoff:

Bombing the Osirak facility is not a war, and Israel refrained from retaliating against Iraq's Scuds in '91.

Try again Meg. Neither example you gave is close to the Arab/Israeli wars of 1948, 67, and '73.

Re: 'Why is Israel apologising all the time' Sarah Palin on whistlestop tour of Jerus

Bombing the Osirak facility is not a war, and Israel refrained from retaliating against Iraq's Scuds in '91.

Try again Meg. Neither example you gave is close to the Arab/Israeli wars of 1948, 67, and '73.

Pssst.....the willingness to bomb each other is not 'stability' in the minds of most people. :2 cents:

Open warfare is but one policy in conflict (Don't you know that?). Therefore, simply not having open warfare doesn't automatically equal 'stability'.

Those two incidents are aside from the circumstances with settlements, the rocket attacks from Lebanon in '07 (I think), etc....

I never argued Israel and her Arab neighbors were engaged in open warfare since '73....I argued equating the circumstances since '73 with 'stability' is laughable.:tinhat:

Pssst.....the willingness to bomb each other is not 'stability' in the minds of most people. :2 cents:

Open warfare is but one policy in conflict (Don't you know that?). Therefore, simply not having open warfare doesn't automatically equal 'stability'.

Those two incidents are aside from the circumstances with settlements, the rocket attacks from Lebanon in '07 (I think), etc....

I never argued Israel and her Arab neighbors were engaged in open warfare....I argued equating the circumstances since '73 with 'stability' is laughable.:tinhat:

Stop mincing words Meg. Stability means no major wars. In the middle east that means a lot. That basically is regional stability despite low level confrontation between proxies, small units, or border patrols.
Anyone in Washington would agree with my assessment. :hatsoff:

No major Arab/Israeli wars since 1973. Yes that's stability. These "revolutions" will likely bring in the islamists and an eventual repeat of the major wars from 1948-1973. Except the Arabs won't be secularists but insane religious zealots.

Sounds like the billions spent in aid have amounted to nothing then? I have nothing against Israel, but they should stand on there own though.

Stop mincing words Meg. Stability means no major wars. In the middle east that means a lot. That basically is regional stability despite low level confrontation between proxies, small units, or border patrols.

Picking winners and losers has not paid off historically, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, etc.

That's your meaning.

If that's what it meant in practical terms, every US president since '73 wouldn't be spending so much of his time attempting to mend fences there and brokering various accords.

In D.C....I wouldn't doubt there are some with that view but it's easy to look at it that way when you're disaffected by the grievances that persist in making the threats against one another there real. That's not stability...:2 cents:

Sounds like the billions spent in aid have amounted to nothing then? I have nothing against Israel, but they should stand on there own though.

I think not. We'll never abandon them as they're the only trustworthy ally in that entire region which now has to worry about a resurgent Islamic Brotherhood takeover in Egypt, an islamist gov't in Ankara, a nuthouse full of Shiite doomsdayers in Teheran, Syria beginning to topple and finally Libya going wonky. If anything now is the time to re-affirm our relationship with Israel.
The one thing the liberal media here has avoided from commenting on from the Arab "awakening" has been the common symbol drawn on placards held by so many demonstrators: the Star of David.
It appears the one thing that binds ALL the so called "revolutions" together is a hatred for Jews/Israel.
Now is certainly not the time to abandon Israel. We won't allow a second Holocaust from happening, no President wants that on their historical resume.

emceeemcee

Banned

No major Arab/Israeli wars since 1973. Yes that's stability. These "revolutions" will likely bring in the islamists and an eventual repeat of the major wars from 1948-1973. Except the Arabs won't be secularists but insane religious zealots.

:tinhat:

Yes, wouldn't want to be supporting insane religous zealots would you? Like the republican party born against, or say, a country which bases it's laws on halakha and whose settlers and army rabbis pen books about how non-jews can be legitimatly murdered because the old testament said so, a country where there are no civil marriages or divorces and sabbath elevators in every hotel and hospital

:1orglaugh

We'll never abandon them as they're the only trustworthy ally in that entire region

I've never heard of a country which spies on another country and steals it's military secrets while bribing it's politicians to create trade deals which cost their country hundreds of thousands of jobs and millions of dollars as 'trustworthy'. Your eagerness to hold hands with a country like that only demonstrates that you have as much contempt for the US as Israel does.

It appears the one thing that binds ALL the so called "revolutions" together is a hatred for Jews/Israel.

it rubs the lotion on it's skin

girk1

Closed Account

I think not. We'll never abandon them as they're the only trustworthy ally in that entire region which now has to worry about a resurgent Islamic Brotherhood takeover in Egypt, an islamist gov't in Ankara, a nuthouse full of Shiite doomsdayers in Teheran, Syria beginning to topple and finally Libya going wonky. If anything now is the time to re-affirm our relationship with Israel.
The one thing the liberal media here has avoided from commenting on from the Arab "awakening" has been the common symbol drawn on placards held by so many demonstrators: the Star of David.
Now is certainly not the time to abandon Israel. We won't allow a second Holocaust from happening, no President wants that on their historical resume.

Stop with this 'second holocaust' nonsense.

Israel is a developed nation with over 150 nuclear warheads allegedly, but they still need billions of U.S. foreign aid each year? With all of the Right Wing rhetoric about 'our Nation being broke" & 'too much spending" it is amazing that few(outside of Libertarians llike Ron Paul) want to save billions by cutting off aid to a fricking nuclear power.

The West persecuted & slaughtered Jews like no other group in world history now the far right, especially, wants to villainize Muslims/Mid East Nations because they object to this artificially created Apartheid nation in their backyard.

An Artificially created Apartheid nation in a region where they are not culturally akin. These Israelis were Europeans with Western sensibilities so I can't understand why the West didn't create a homeland for them in Europe perhaps? A very small piece of Germany after the War as reparations for the Holocaust?

No way. Because the West realized another way to get rid of their "Jewish Problem" & that was to send them to the British colony of Palestine. That would be like setting up the culturally Alien African Americans a Nation in West Africa. It didn't(Liberia) & it won't fly in Africa.

And some on the far right like to talk about White Liberal guilt .:rolleyes:

It must be Western Far Right Guilt(Holocaust & general prosecution Jews endured in the West) that causes that group to support Israel unquestionably when many Nations see them as unapologetic opressors/interlopers.

emceeemcee

Banned

It must be Western Far Right Guilt(Holocaust & general prosecution Jews endured in the West) that causes that group to support Israel unquestionably

guilt, and white supremecy, mixed in with the kind of personality that's easily led and susceptible to propaganda.

girk1

Closed Account

guilt, and white supremecy, mixed in with the kind of personality that's easily led and susceptible to propaganda.

Please help me understand the U.S. almost obssessive relationship with this tiny nation which is 'partially' to blame for Mid east hate towards the US?

(The US Interfering with & propping up brutally repressive regimes because they are nice to Israel & keep the oil flowing unimpeded).

Directly & Indirectly Israel seems to be causing the US Trillions of dollars in Aid & Mid East wars & the goodwill of Middle Easterners.

It seems you can question, disrespectfully at times , the US President & our Government, but Israel is unquestionable?:dunno:

Ironically it was the Apartheid nation of South Africa which was instrumental in helping it's huge ally Israel in obtaining those Nuclear warheads.

A well Developed country(Israel) with 150 nuclear warheads or more should be questioned why they get billions per year foreign aid from a "Broke" Nation who "spends too much" like the U.S.:dunno:

1301351760857.jpg

1301351845265.jpg

And some on the far right like to talk about White Liberal guilt .:rolleyes:

It must be Western Far Right Guilt(Holocaust & general prosecution Jews endured in the West) that causes that group to support Israel unquestionably when many Nations see them as unapologetic opressors/interlopers.

Excuse me? What did you say?

My maternal great grandmother was sent to Jasenovac concentration camp with Jews in WWII.

My paternal grandmother was arrested by the fascist Croat Ustashe in Vinkovci during WWII for trying to give Greek Jews water at the railroad station.

It's because of what they went through that I'm pro Jewish/Israeli.

at the expense of American tax payers.

Sounds like you support Israel at the peril of the US. So why do you hate America?

at the expense of American tax payers.

Sounds like you support Israel at the peril of the US. So why do you hate America?

I don't hate this country.

Excuse me? What did you say?

My maternal great grandmother was sent to Jasenovac concentration camp with Jews in WWII.

My paternal grandmother was arrested by the fascist Croat Ustashe in Vinkovci during WWII for trying to give Greek Jews water at the railroad station.

Something in the above smells like the assigning of collective guilt for past transgressions usually derided by your types. Boy are you a moving target when it comes to consistency....I suppose that's a good thing if you have to avoid crosshairs.:violent:

:nono: Not so good when it comes to having your own arguments undo your own arguments.

I love how this ties into the 'liberal white guilt' you were just convulsing over. How long should the ancestors of those who wronged your ancestors be made to pay or feel guilty??:o
I don't hate this country.

You're just in love with another?:lovecoupl

Something in the above smells like the assigning of collective guilt for past transgressions usually derided by your types. Boy are you a moving target when it comes to consistency....I suppose that's a good thing if you have to avoid crosshairs.:violent:

:nono: Not so good when it comes to having your own arguments undo your own arguments.

I love how this ties into the 'liberal white guilt' you were just convulsing over. How long should the ancestors of those who wronged your ancestors be made to pay or feel guilty??:o

You're just in love with another?:lovecoupl

I don't have guilt over what they went through. Instead they suffered and sympathized with Jews, I take that as a sign of allegiance not guilt.

I don't have guilt over what they went through. Instead they suffered and sympathized with Jews, I take that as a sign of allegiance not guilt.

You misread the point. Tri again.